Saturday, May 03, 2008

Valentina gives Locks of Love at Relay for Life

Yesterday (Friday, May 2nd, 2008) Valentina donated her beautiful long silky brown hair to Locks of Love at the American Cancer Society Relay for Life event that was held here in Celebration. She received a big loud cheer from the crowd when they cut off her poney tail. I personnally felt very sad to see her long hair go; although it didn't end up as short as I feared. Valentina was very, very happy! She had a big grin on her face as Jim Seigle took her picture for the community news paper. Al Valentino of the Barber and Beauty Emporium who sponsored the event told everyone that they have donated over 1,000 locks of hair to this cause (www.locksoflove.org). Below are the pictures:




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,
I believe I know Nina! We adopted 3 kids in 2005 from KAZ. I am sure I have photos of her in the Baby House that I could send you.
Kelly Smith-Wajda

Monday, June 02, 2008 1:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

contact me at smith@sunydutchess.edu

Monday, June 02, 2008 1:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment